Ovarian cancer is the abnormal growth of cells in the ovaries and these cells can attack healthy tissues. Women’s reproductive system has two ovaries on each side of the ovaries. The ovaries produce eggs for reproduction and hormones estrogen and progesterone. Ovarian cancer is common cancer for Indian women. Ovarian cancer treatment in India usually includes surgery and chemotherapy. Symptoms of ovarian cancer may include excessive pain in the pelvis, unexpected vaginal bleeding, continuous back or abdomen pain, bloating, change in urination or bowel movement.
The best ovarian cancer doctor in India adopts different techniques to diagnose and treat ovarian cancer. To start the diagnoses doctors start by learning about the patient’s family and personal medical history before conducting a pelvic examination. They may order imaging tests like CT scans and ultrasound for a clear image and recommend blood tests to learn more about the patient’s general health. The best doctor for ovarian cyst in India may order cancer antigen CA 125 to detect markers found in cancer cells. The doctor may perform a biopsy or exploratory surgery to confirm the diagnosis.
Ovarian cancer treatment in India will largely depend on the
- type and stage of cancer
- Patient age, general health, and preference
The best treatment for ovarian cancer in India is a combination of surgery and chemotherapy. Ovarian cancer treatment in India may include –
- Surgery will depend on how much ovarian cancer has spread. The doctor may recommend removing one or both ovaries or a hysterectomy with removing lymph nodes.
- Chemotherapy drugs kill cancer cells and can affect healthy cells as well doctors. Doctors may inject the drug or give it orally and can prescribe the medication before and after the surgery.
- Radiation uses targeted rays to kill the cancer cell.
Other treatment options include targeted therapy, hormone therapy, immunotherapy, and palliative care.
Cost of ovarian cancer treatment in India
Ovarian cancer treatment cost in India is much lower than in many first-world countries. The treatment cost depends on factors like stage of cancer, city, hospital, room, and type of treatment. The cost of ovarian cancer treatment in India is approximately Rs. 2,73,000.
If you look at the breakup –
- The treatment of ovarian cancer chemotherapy cost in India ranges from Rs 50,000 to Rs. 1,50,000 per cycle. The average cost of chemotherapy for ovarian cancer in India is Rs. 75,000/-.
- The radiation treatment cost for ovarian cancer in India is nearly Rs. 2,00,000/-.
- The average ovarian tumor surgery cost in India is approximately Rs. 1,72,000/-. It can start at Rs. 50,000 and go up to Rs. 3,00,000. The costs will depend on the type of surgery, length of hospitalization, diagnostic and imaging test required, and doctor’s fees.
Best ovarian cancer hospital in India
India provides superior ovarian cancer treatment in part with the top countries in the world. Hospitals have a holistic approach to treating cancer. The panel of doctors examines relevant case papers before coming up with a comprehensive treatment plan. The panel consists of medical, surgical, and radiation oncologists. Nursing and paramedic staff and support staff assist the doctors in complete patient care. Together they ensure the physical and mental health of the patient is taken care of.
The best hospital for ovarian cancer treatment in India has the latest technologies to treat and diagnose patients. They use the latest medical innovations to provide more personalized drugs to treat cancer. Support groups in the hospital provide emotional support to the patient and their families throughout the treatment.
The best treatment for ovarian cancer treatment in India is available at-
- Medanta – The Medicity, Gurgaon
- Kokilaben Dhirubhai Ambani Hospital, Mumbai
- BLK Super Specialty Hospital, New Delhi
- Dharamshila Narayana Super Specialty Hospital, New Delhi
- Fortis Memorial Research Institute, Gurgaon
Best ovarian cancer doctors in India
Ovarian cancer treatment in India is carried out by a panel of doctors that includes gynecologic oncologists, surgical oncologists, medical oncologists, and radiation oncologists. The best ovarian cancer doctor in India has in-depth discussions with their patient regarding treatment options underlining the advantages, risks, and possible side-effects of every treatment. They have years of experience under their belt and are affiliated with top hospitals.
The best doctor for ovarian cyst in India can build a rapport with their patient. They help to patient feel less anxious. Doctors are well qualified and several doctors have done their post-graduate courses in first-world countries like the US and UK. They bring the best practices followed there to hospitals in India. The doctors keep themselves updated with the latest medical treatment and innovations.
The best ovarian cancer doctors in India are-
- Dr. Praveen Kumar Garg, Indraprastha Apollo Hospital, New Delhi
- Dr. Sameer Kaul, Indraprastha Apollo Hospital, New Delhi
- Dr. Niranjan Naik, Fortis Memorial Research Institute, New Delhi
- Dr. Suman Karanth Gupta, Medanta, Gurgaon
- Dr. R. Ranga Rao, Max Superspecialty Hospital, Gurgaon
Al Afiya Medi Tour is one of the best medical tourism and healthcare companies in Gurgaon, Delhi NCR, India. Al Afiya Medi Tour offers medical tours from all the countries of the world to India. Some of the main countries are Bangladesh, Iraq, Malawi, Zambia, Namibia, Kenya, Nigeria, and many more. If you are searching for a top medical tourism company in India then Al Afiya Medi Tour is the best India medical tourism company for you. We help you in finding the best hospital and top doctor for the treatments in India. We assist in bone marrow transplant, kidney transplant in India, liver transplant, blood cancer treatment, ovarian cancer treatment, breast cancer treatment in India, etc. at affordable cost in India.